Augustus Henry Lane Fox Pitt-Rivers' overall collection came in two halves: the first was acquired before 1884 and was donated to the University of Oxford to become the Pitt Rivers Museum's 'founding' collection; the second was acquired after 1880, and remained in Pitt-Rivers' possession, some of this collection was exhibited in his private museum in Farnham, Dorset.
The two sets of catalogues which form the inventories of Augustus Henry Lane Fox Pitt-Rivers' collection can be accessed from this page. The inventory of the first comprises the Accession Books at the Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford. The volumes containing the catalogue of his second collection are held by Cambridge University Library, and are reproduced here with their kind permission.
All completed August 2012.